Making Our Voices Heard

The other day I found myself saddened at the excommunication of a woman who belonged to my church. She has fought a battle against The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in hopes of allowing women to hold the Priesthood. My heart hurts for her, and for all other women who follow her cause. I am saddened to see dear sisters choosing to live in opposition to the teachings of the Gospel. There are many fundamental beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that are simply being missed by those who are petitioning to ordain women. I feel it is time that the positive voice is heard--the voice in favor of sustaining the priesthood.

Therefore, I have started this blog to allow those of us who have a voice in favor of sustaining the Priesthood a chance to share. I plead with you to take a moment to bear testimony. It doesn't have to be long--even something simple is perfect! Please email your testimony to: sustainpriesthood@gmail.com.


Saturday, August 2, 2014


 I am saddened by all the issues with women wanting Priesthood and stuff.  I get to "hold" the Priesthood every time I hold Rich...  Haha!  But truly, I am sad because these sweet sisters are being blinded by the adversary, who is telling them 1,000 truths, to get his one lie into their hearts.  We are so incredibly blessed to be women in this magnificent church!  The Gospel is soooo true and perfect.  Unfortunately, the members are not, but that is why we are here, "to prove them herewith".  So all this talk just strengthens my testimony.  There is always good that will come when those who oppose the church try to make a stand.  More who will want to know how things really are.  There are many who are seeking the truth and may be drawn to it through all this bad publicity.  Those who are truth seekers, will find it.  And we will either be stronger for all this, or fall away.  I hope we may all choose to be strong!   I know the only true and lasting happiness and joy comes as we follow the teachings of our Savior.  


Rebecca Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment